Photo c.1899 showing Latrine tower prior to early C20 consolidation work
About the author:
Christina Gilfedder is a Digital Officer with Historic Environment Scotland. In addition to being a trained archaeologist, Christina has worked in digital for over 10 years and is passionate about using digital tools to encourage engagement with our heritage.
View all posts by Christina Gilfedder
The Engine Shed has been supported by a grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund. Thanks to National Lottery players, we have been able to create Scotland’s dedicated building conservation centre. It enables us to encourage understanding of traditional building materials and skills among the public and professionals and raise standards in conservation for traditional buildings.